Mountaineering Socks - Unisex Over-calf
Do you want to reach the summit without foot pain or blisters slowing you down?
Thorlos Mountaineering socks will provide you with maximum protection in sub-zero weather and on all terrains, including summit conditions where mountaineers are more prone to blisters, foot pain, and discomfort.
Suitable for professional hikers and mountaineers looking to reach the summit in extreme weather conditions and on all terrains.
The preferred mountaineering sock of New Zealand's own Lydia Bradey ONZM who is the first woman to climb Everest without supplemental oxygen.
Our Mountaineering socks include these unique features:
- Wool Material - 100% wool toe design to keep the foot dry and provide maximum warmth and protection against frostbite.
- Moisture Wicking - Proprietary THORLON® yarns blended with thermal fibres to help wick moisture away, while providing extra insulation, softness, resilience, and durability.
- Low Profile Toe Seam - Reduces friction and irritation with unique padding to help prevent pressure and provide comfort.
- Cushioned Instep - Arch support designed for a better fit, more support, and reduced pressure on the foot for better comfort.
- Ventilation Panel - Creates better air circulation for extra moisture control and breathability.
- Unique Padding - The materials that are used are specifically designed for mountaineering and are clinically proven to reduce blisters, pain, pressure, and moisture.
- Enhanced Fit - The thick cushioning enhances the fit of the boot by filling gaps where needed.
Founded in 1982, only Thorlos have peer-reviewed, clinically tested medical research proving the dense padding at the ball and heel helps to protect the fat pads of your feet while reducing pain, blisters, moisture, and pressure.
They are ultimate in comfortable foot protection and are at home on Mt Everest and peaks in between.
Thorlos Comfort Guarantee™
Try Thorlos for a full 30 days and if they're not the most comfortable sock you've ever worn... we'll give you a full refund.
Every good mountaineer knows that quality alpine boots are important for success...
But every great mountaineer knows that your socks provide critical protection next to your skin and the performance enhancement you need in some of the world's most inhospitable environments.
Get your Thorlos Mountaineering socks today by clicking Add To Cart above or visiting your nearest store...
And we guarantee they'll be the most comfortable socks you've ever worn.
Protect Your Fat Pads
By preserving your fat pads now, you can keep active as you age and continue to do the activities your love.
The Thorlos Difference
The high volume terry loops provide extra padding, dissipate friction, last longer, and don't collapse from sweat.
That's why Thorlos are the only socks clinically proven* to reduce pain, blisters, moisture and pressure while protecting your fat pads.
Try Risk Free
Don't invest in quality shoes and then find your socks let you down.
If Thorlos aren't the most comfortable socks you've ever worn... we'll give you a full refund.