How should I launder and care for my Thorlos?
- Perspiration and unsaturated body acids can cause deterioration of the elastic. Launder your Thorlos as soon as possible after every use.
- Thorlos should be laundered and tumble dried (best result) inside out to 'fluff' the terry padding and achieve maximum cushioning after each wearing.
- Wash Thorlos with like colours: Whites should be washed with white clothes only! Use the warm or cold water setting on your washing machine, and use permanent press or gentle cycle.
- Do not use chlorinated bleach, or laundry detergents containing chlorinated bleaching agents, on Thorlos. Use of these agents results in fibre deterioration as well as breakdown of the spandex (elastic) and loss of elasticity.
- To receive full benefit of the Thorlos product design, we strongly recommend using liquid fabric softener in the rinse cycle. This is vital to extend product wear. Fabric softener lubricates both the fibres and the elastic, keeping them flexible and allowing them to stretch as designed. It also helps to maintain correct sizing, stretch and durability. Fabric softener sheets in the dryer are NOT a substitute for using liquid fabric softener, although they do help to reduce static in the dryer.
- Line drying is not recommended, as it can contribute to the premature breakdown of the elastic core (UV). We advise that Thorlos be tumble dried on permanent press or low heat dryer settings. High dryer temperatures can cause shrinkage and spandex breakdown. The tumbling process in the dryer helps restore the fibre loft and 'reinvigorates' the terry padding for maximum protection.
- Be certain your Thorlos have been thoroughly dried after laundering. If they are put away damp, spandex breakdown can result due to excess moisture still present in the elastic.
- Put your Thorlos on with care: Place hands on either side of the sock and gather fabric up to the toe area, pulling the sock on around the toes. Then gently pull the socks over the foot and up the leg. Do not grasp socks at the top and insert the foot as this can cause the spandex to weaken and break.
- Periodically a loose end of spandex may work itself to the outside of the sock. This is not a product defect. If this occurs, do not pull the elastic because it can cause unravelling. Clip it with scissors before you put the socks into the washing machine to prevent premature pulling, breaking or further unravelling.
Treat your Thorlos for what they are - - high quality, great value protective gear for your feet!